Last Click - Kassia Meador, Justice Served, & Choosing the Right Beer (or else you'll have no friends)Last Click Friday, May 27, 2011
|Artwork by Troy Carney|
- Troy Carney has been confirmed by Vans as the artist for the 2011 Triple Crown of Surfing. above is Troy’s painting for the event(s) titled "Po’i Nã Nalu" (oil on 12k white gold and 23k yellow gold on a 30 layer hand cut bas-relief on wood).
- Matt Shaw makes some interesting and sometimes funny collages.
- Supermodels! They're just like us! A slideshow of supermodels in raw form. No make up, styling, etc. Interesting to see women who make money off their beauty in such a naked form. Still beautiful obviously, but just so bare it is interesting.
- So are you motivated to take care of your body after my previous post? Well this is what a 58 year-old woman (Patti Davis, Reagan's daughter to be more specific) looks like naked (NSFW, obvs)... SO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!
- Love James Franco? Well, there's a bag for that.
- Looking for a bicycle saddle bag? This one is pretty legit. Apparently a little inaccessible at times but it looks awesome.
- Elizabeth Smart's kidnapper is finally caught and sentenced to life in prison! So amazing that she can stand up to the man who took away a part of her life.
"Second, you need real experience. Do as much as you can. Do shit that other people would consider “weird” or “dumb” like getting a cheap weave, disguising your gender, changing jobs frequently, getting fired, traveling through the Sahel by yourself on a motorbike, drinking in the morning, growing your nails two inches long, majoring in mortuary science, and/or taking the last bus of the day to the end of the line in the suburbs with no way to get back home. People will treat you differently if you’re hanging around an empty transit shelter at night on the edge of a cornfield, especially if they also can’t determine your gender. All of this will afford you new perspectives and will infuse your writing with empathy." - Thought Catalog on 'How to Swim and Write,'
- Match your beer to your music this summer or else no one will want to be friends with you. HA, I love Thought Catalog.
- YES! there is SURFING in my home state of OHIO! Out of Place documents the riders who brave the Cleveland area water.
- How do you check your surf? Really only after going out time after time can you really tell how it's going to be.
- Honestly, out of all surfers Kassia Meador ALWAYS caught my eye. Ever since I saw her on FuelTV a few years back, I was in awe of her beauty and free spirit. She is a BALLER. Not only is she a surfer, but an artist and photographer as well.
- Tom Veiga created the International Surfing Day poster for 2011! Go surf!