Last Click Friday, May 31, 2013
Hey it's Friday AND the end of another month in 2013! I'm itching for the weekend probably as much as the next person. My sister is visiting this weekend from The Windy City, hopefully I can show her a good time and get in the water! Before you tune out, here are some gems from the web this week:
- Get in Waveshape. The Inertia posted a great article about women's physical and mental challenges in the water. It's a lot more difficult than it looks, especially if you didn't grow up with being in the water (like me). Author Anna Jerstrom's new high-intensity workout program, WaveShape, launches this weekend on June 1st. I'd be excited to try it.
- Pret-a-Surf recently collaborated with J. Crew, making fun feminine rashies and suits for those upcoming warm summer months. I personally LOVE the front-zipped, red-striped rashie. It's very baby Toby from The Labyrinth, ha! Watch the video lookbook above to get a sense of their style.
- The ladies at 'A Beautiful Mess' always have the most creative little DIYs. If you have some spare time this weekend, try making their leather and cotton clutch. If you lined that thing with some oil cloth or other waterproof lining, you'd have a pretty cool surf wax bag. Hmmmmmm...
- This message in a bottle USB flash drive is perfect for the geeky romantic at heart. It'd be great to store letters to friends on here and pass it around like an updated version of note-passing! Ah, high school throwback.
- Prada's perfumes are extraordinary and striking (their bags are freaking amazing as well, but I have yet to get my hands on one of those), so when I heard that Prada collaborated on their latest campaign with Wes Anderson I think I did a little happy dance. The short films are perfect and shamelessly French (that's an incredibly GOOD thing), makes me want to dust off my horrible french vocabulary and unashamedly toy with the hearts of men! ...I mean, what?
- Pure. California. Rebel. I love RAEN Optics' SS13 lookbook complete with palm trees, Iron Maiden Ts and really rad sunglasses. They even partnered with one of my favorite local coffee spots, Deus Ex Machina! (slightly NSFW)
- I really want to try Nike's Studio Wrap Pack shoes... slippers? Whatever they are, they're awesome for the times you forget your yoga mat and have to use the infant-sized ones from the gym or if you're just needing less padding than a regular gym shoe. Buy them here.
- I love a good flea market. AFAR has a few of the world's best listed here.... if you're lucky enough to go to one of these, you have to share your finds! Luckily Melrose Trading Post (listed at the bottom) is every weekend in Los Angeles. Although, the Rose Bowl Flea Market is nothing to look down at either!
- Lastly, Davy is now affiliated with SurfStitch, Europe's first stop for some rad surf/lifestyle brands like RVCA, Seafolly, OBEY, Billabong and more. Check it out (you can change your currency/language easily on the top-right corner).
Have a great weekend guys!