|All the things in my bag this month|
"Her hair is so big because it's full of secrets!!" - Mean GirlsWell my hair could be, but people can assume this about my bag. I always have some large tote or bag because I have to carry EVERYTHING with me. I change bags often and honestly, this is my bag being clean right now. I usually have a lot of notes, plus a little filofax calendar, & my camera (which for obvious reasons, is not shown). Here are the daily things I carry with me, no matter what bag I carry (click through for the flickr large photo):
(from left to right, clockwise.)
- Flushable moist towels - Because um, people are dirty. I don't care who knows it, but toilet paper isn't enough! Maybe it's the european in me.
- The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway - Everyone needs a good book in their bag. You never know when you'll be caught waiting, without your precious smartphone, or just needing a way to pass the time. Something about having a book in your hands is special and I will always keep buying them. Especially when they're $1 at the thrift store!
- Pink Headphones - Got them in a hurry at TJ Maxx for $4! They match my iPhone case perfectly!
- Leather Man Wallet - Bought for $3 at the Melrose Trading Post. I hate carrying too much with me and needed a wallet I can just stuff into my pocket.
- Rosebud Salves & Nivea Cream - Gotta keep my hands beautiful and my lips soft! Cause, well, you never know. :)
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat - My friend Krystle gave me this when she heard me hacking up my lung. My throat feels relieved.
- Myntz! and Listerine PocketPaks - I have a fear of bad breath... it is such a horrible thing to have and when you're talking to someone with it you just want to run to the other side of the room! Myntz are super strong and you can get them at your local Trader Joe's!
- E.L.F. Red Lip Stain - This stuff is pretty legit for being such a cheap buy! Three whole dollars! The color does fade after a little bit but it actually turns into a very vivid pink! The get it to be really red I have to apply a few layers. But the actual STAYING power is impressive. I had a breakfast of toast, eggs, & coffee and I looked in the mirror afterwards and it was still there! Definitely a fan.
- Empty Zippo lighter - I got this after a night out at Bigfoot West with my French friend, Bastien. Too bad I don't smoke... you never know I might need to light a candle.
- iPhone 4 - aka my life. I have my life on this little device and I am sure to always back-up, put in work shifts, plan Davy posts, & keep in contact with my people back in the Midwest!
- Leather Mini Duffle Bag - I bought this for the steep price of $10 at the thrift store (ugh, California! Why!) but I also purchased it's larger brother for another $12 so I have matching luggage if I'm traveling! Plus, due to it's duffle bag-like characteristics it is the best weekender bag I own!
- Sunnies & Thick Frame Glasses - I actually hate those sunnies because they're just too round for my face but I still wear them anyway. The thick frame glasses are for when I'm trying too hard/trying to hide. ha! Both are from Forever XII.
- Microns & Pens - I have way too many pens. Now you know who to ask for a pen. I'll hunt you down for them if you try to take them though! I don't know why I'm so particular...
- House/Car Keys - Gotta get in my house. The friendship bracelet on it also makes me smile.
- Moleskine - actually a new blank one I just put in this week.
- Post-it Notes (Hot Pink) - I still write out my to-do lists because it's just so much easier than trying to open up notes on my phone or downloading some complicated to-do list app.
- Mini Moocards by Moo - These are baller! So easy to pass out and they are so customizable! I recommend bloggers everywhere to get these cute little cards to tuck in places!
What's in your bag?